How to Choose Reading Glasses That Look Good on YouJul 26, 2022 Written by Renee Bachner | 0 comments
Not sure what style frame will look good on you? The info below should help make the selection process easy with tips on how how to get a good fit and complimentary looks...
- SHOULD CONTRAST YOUR FACE SHAPE
- angular shapes slim by adding definition and contours to a full face
- rounded shapes soften strong facial lines
- shorten a long face with frames where the temples are attached at the top of the frame (vs. the middle of the lens area)
- upswept (cat-eye) styles are the secret to face-lifting effects-yes, really!
- rule breaker- it’s your look, it you like it then own it!
- SHOULD FIT TOTHE WIDEST POINT OF YOUR HEAD
- choose a frame wide enough to leave enough room on each side of your head to avoid pressure marks
- keep readers in scale with your face size and stature
- rule breaker- make it small or oversized for stylish edgy looks.
- CHOOSE FOR COMFORT OR TO CONCEAL
- METAL OR PLASTIC- it's personal
- appears to shorten your nose
- the lower the bridge, the more it shortens
- a keyhole bridge appears to lengthen your nose and it's narrower form makes this a good fit for a thin nose if you don't like nose pads
- metal frames with adjustable nose pads can be formed to fit a wide or narrow nose and with that usually provides a secure and comfortable fit
- THE COMFORT FACTOR
- should be long enough to fit with a bend around the back of your ears
- long temples allow for more flexibility in how you like to wear your readers- down your nose or all the way up
- If your readers are sliding down your nose, you may need a simple temple adjustment. Most optical shops provide this service at no charge
- CHOOSE TO BLEND, HIGHLIGHT OR MAKE A STATEMENT
- highlight your eyes by repeating with the same frame color
- use frame color to accent your highlights, blend or draw attention away from your hair color
- your choice of frame color can enhance your complexion with the same transforming affects as rouge or lip color
- switch it out to suit your mood
Since we are all unique individuals and our tastes and facial structures are not all the same, this is just a guide. Because your style is really all about what you like, what feels comfortable to you and how you see yourself and how you want the world to see you.